Happy Wednesday!! It's mid-week, which means we are just that much closer to the weekend!! Today I would like to start a mini-series on wedding fitness. So many brides want to have that perfect body for their special day and I am going to show you how to get it with a six month program that will shape you up for your day!! I will do this series in 6 parts.
So...Want to get in shape for your wedding day? Use this simple month-by-month plan as a guideline for your workouts. With it, you'll find all levels of exercise, and reap all the benefits. The program uses two-week cycles, so if six months sounds too long, just take it two weeks at a time. The best part? No gym membership required!
Wedding Fitness Checklist:
Cardiovascular workouts, like walking or jogging, can be done anywhere outside. Just make sure you have the following:
Two 3- or 5-pound hand weights
A straight-back chair
A mat or blanket (optional)
This month, you should mainly be focused on just getting active and engaged in the program. A good way to get motivated is to start a workout diary. Write down the date, all the reasons why you need to work out, and what your goals are. Write down your weight (always weigh yourself in the morning for consistency), and use a measuring tape to record the size of your chest, waist, hips, thighs, and forearms, so you can monitor your progress. To stay motivated, keep notes all the way through. Tip: Weigh in and take measurements once a month only. Focusing on quick results will only discourage you.
Weeks #1 and #2
- 20 minutes of aerobic activity at least three times a week (consisting of walking, jogging, swimming laps, 20 min. aerobic only work-out video ~ anything that gets your heart rate into your target heart rate zone ~ formula for finding your target heart rate is below)
Weeks #3 and #4
- 30 minutes of aerobic activity at least three times a week
To really burn calories and get in shape, you should try to stay within your target heart rate zone during workouts. To find your zone, first figure out your maximum heart rate (the highest your heart should be beating during your exercise session), use this formula:
- 220 - your age (in years) = maximum heart rate
- maximum heart rate - 30 = target heart rate
- high maximum heart rate - 60 = target heart rate low
- 220 - 25 = 195 (maximum heart rate)
- 195 - 30 = 165 (target heart rate high)
- 195 - 60 = 135 (target heart rate low)
Therefore, your target heart rate during your exercise session should be between 135 and 165 beats per minute.Please note this is an information only post, if you are experiencing any ill effects from an exercise regime, you should consult with your physician.
Also, please don't forget to enter this week's giveaway ;D
Gloria is also offering a Giveaway, yay!! Please enter to win a $20 Gift Certificate which you may use in one or both of Gloria's shops ( http://www.gloriajeandesigns.etsy.com/ or http://www.gigglerainbow.etsy.com/ ). There can be only one lucky winner but I do have numerous ways for you to enter and to earn lots of ballots. So, here is how to enter:
1. Follow my blog ~ 1 entry
2. Comment on today's blog post ~ 1 entry (be sure to leave contact link)
3. Mention this giveaway on your Facebook Fan Page ~ 1 entry (be sure to leave your facebook page link in the comments section so that I may fan you)
4. Twitter about this giveaway ~ 1 entry (be sure to leave your twitter link in the comments section so that I may follow you)
5. Purchase from my shop, Ethereal Beginnings ~ 1 entry
6. Purchase from either of Gloria's shops (Giggle Rainbow or gloria~jean Designs)~ 5 entries (no minimum required) (please copy your transaction into the comments section for valid entry)
7. All of the above ~ 10 entries
So...if you do ALL 7 of the above you will have a total of 20 entries to win Gloria's $20 Gift Certificate. Best of luck to all.
Thanks so much for blogging in. Please join me tomorrow for Twilight Thursday. :D
Cheers and Blessings,